Hello to all of you. We hope you and your families continue to stay healthy and well during this unprecedented time in our community, and the world at large.
We’re sharing information with you, regarding some new protocols in place, in addition to our already-stringent medical procedures and precautions. As a medical office, many of these precautions are already part of our daily practice, but a few measures, will be new (and may be altered as needed).
- Social Distancing – This remains part of our county and state protocol. To maintain distance, we will manage scheduling, and placement of patients within our Lobby and Exam Rooms.
- Please Note the following new guidelines:
- First- If you have tested positive for Covid-19 within 2 weeks prior to your appointment date, or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive in that time period, please do not come into the office. Additionally, if you are not feeling well, or have been ill, with a fever and/or cold symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your appointment, do not come in to the office.
- Please keep your scheduled appointment. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify us 48 hours in advance.
- Please wear a mask or other (nose & mouth) cover, and have it in place before entering.
- You may bring no more than one other (Adult) person with you to your appointment. *Please – do not bring children to the office during this phase.
- Do not bring pets into the office.
- We will try our best to see everyone in a timely fashion.
*(To maintain the recommended distancing, you may be asked to remain in your vehicle for a few minutes, and staff will call or text you when spacing can be guaranteed)
- Health Check: It has always been our practice to perform basic health checks on our patients. These include temperature checks, and a blood pressure reading.
- *If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees (one hundred point four), we will direct you to contact your primary care physician for further evaluation.
- Please be assured that our office, and surgery center are maintained to high standards of cleanliness. Our staff will continue to disinfect ‘high-touch’ areas throughout the day, in all areas.
- Our Surgery Center maintains standards mandated by the AAAASF-accrediting agency, with strict deep-cleaning and disinfection performed regularly.
- If you are scheduled to have surgery, you will be provided with information related to your procedure, as well as information about our Operating Room practices, and the additional measures that will be in place, (including Covid-19 testing)
Dr. Lepore and Dr. Maser have been working throughout the Covid-19 shutdown period, conducting Virtual Consultations, seeing post-surgical patients as needed, and performing Reconstructive surgeries.
Our staff members have also been available on the phones and through email daily, communicating with those of you who’ve contacted us with questions about procedures, scheduling, and our skincare products. It has been a busy period. (Virtual Consultations have become very popular, and we plan to continue offering them as an option, for your convenience).
But we have always prized the “human touch.” Your safety remains paramount in our practice, and our continuing commitment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these necessary details.
And more than that, thank you so much for your patience during these past weeks!
[We are scheduling, and we are accepting new patients as well. We all look forward to seeing you! Please call our office to schedule your visit (and complimentary cosmetic consultation) with Dr. Vincent Lepore or Dr. Benjamin Maser (408) 356-4241.]